How much and what type of herbicide do you recommend for knotweed?
6ML PER CANE FOR LARGE OVER 6FT CANES and 4ML PER CANE FOR CANES UNDER 6FT. FOLIAR SPRAY CANES THAT ARE TOO SMALL TO INJECT.
A 41% ACTIVE INGREDIENT OF GLYPHOSATE (Roundup Super Concentrate is most popular)
How does Glyphosate work?
Glyphosate works by halting a specific enzyme pathway that only exists in plants and some microorganisms. This in turn prevents plants from producing certain proteins that are needed for growth. Glyphosate is absorbed through foliage and then moves to growing points within the plant. Glyphosate is only active on growing plants and is not effective as a pre-emergence herbicide.
How safe is Glyphosate?
Glyphosate was registered by the EPA in 1974. It has been classified by the organization as toxicity class III on a scale of I-IV, with IV being the least dangerous. Also, it has not been found to be a carcinogen. Glyphosate has low toxicity for fish and other wildlife and biodegrades in soil with a low likelihood of reaching groundwater.
How do I calibrate the JK1000?
- Using the provided allen wrench you will find an adjustment screw behind the trigger. You can access the screw and turn it RIGHT to increase the delivery amount and LEFT to decrease the delivery amount.
- 1 TURN = 1ml
- Use the provided vial that the needle comes in to measure delivery.
- Each marking line is 1ml on the needle vials.
What do I do if the JK tool does not calibrate consistently?
1. The front valve could be contaminated with dirt or salt crystals. You will need to replace the
The cylinder wall is scored and the herbicide is flowing past the seals.
1. Replace the cylinder.
2. Seals may be worn, so you will need to replace seals.
3. The silicone lubricant may be lacking.
The cylinder threads are stripped or compressed. What do I do?
1. Replace the cylinder.
The cylinder housing appears cracked. What do you suggest?
1. You will need to replace the cylinder.
The canister has been leaking fluid, what should I do?
1. The canister or lid has been over tightened OR the seal had been damaged by salt buildup
Only tighten ¼ turn on the canister and lid.
2. There is back pressure from a plugged front valve.
Use the thread protector when the canister is not in the tool.
When using the holster insert, what is your suggestion for using the marking system?
1. When using the marking system with the JK tool, cut off the bottom 2 inches of the blue insert
and insert down into the holster.